Dr. Haley will cover snoring, obstructive sleep apnea and bruxism, as well as oral appliance therapy.
Presenter: Dr. Suzanne Haley, D.M.D.
Dental sleep medicine is not impossible; it’s achievable. Sleep disorders are recognized as a significant health issue in the United States. Now more than ever, dentists have a unique opportunity to screen patients and offer solutions to the potentially damaging and life-shortening consequences of undiagnosed obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). In this two-day program, clinicians will examine sleep, why it’s important, and the dentist’s role in overall health. Dr. Haley will cover screening for and identifying snoring, bruxism and obstructive sleep apnea, as well as choosing the correct oral appliance. Attendees will participate in a hands-on demonstration and sleep test, and learn successful techniques for integrating dental sleep medicine into the general practice.
During this course, participants will:
- Learn how to recognize and screen for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Establish the difference between a polysomnogram and a home sleep test
- Learn how to choose the correct oral sleep appliance for treatment of OSA, snoring and bruxism
- Learn how to build relationships to increase physician referrals
- Establish strategies for marketing dental sleep medicine in the general practice
- Understand how to bill medical insurance companies
- Learn the necessary steps to become a network and Medicare durable medical equipment (DME) provider