Related Video: Silent Nite® Slide-Link
The treatment of snoring and sleep apnea is one of the fastest-growing fields of dentistry. Sleep Group Solutions (SGS) experts will demonstrate the problems associated with snoring and sleep apnea, and explain how they have successfully incorporated the treatment of these issues into their practices.
They will review clinical aspects of sleep apnea and the protocols involved in successfully screening, diagnosing and treating this life-threatening condition. Attendees will be provided with a SGS dental sleep medicine protocol manual.
Attendees can expect to leave this course with a sound understanding of dental sleep medicine and the steps required for starting to treat sleep apnea in their own practice. Select attendees will have the opportunity to use a home sleep study device for a sleep test on Friday night to be analyzed by the class the following day. There will be ample hands-on opportunities involving airway diagnostics, bite registrations and appliance review.
- Introduction to sleep — sleep stages, disorders
- Sleep apnea prevalence — why there is a need for treatment
- Sleep apnea signs/symptoms/clinical issues
- Treating snoring and sleep apnea in a dental office — protocol review
- Patient education; addressing key issues and getting a snoring patient to convert to a sleep apnea treatment case
- Prepare home sleep study for course attendees
- Download previous night's study and review study data and sleep report with class
- Hands-on with pharyngometer/rhinometer
- Bite registration techniques using airway metrics
- Hands-on working with popular oral appliances
- Appliance review — pros and cons of all major sleep appliances
- Case presentations
- Medical insurance billing — review of the latest codes, fees, procedures and recommendations from SGS experts who do this daily